GP, dental and other healthcare practices hold a great deal of sensitive information on paper and on computers.
As GDPR becomes part of our daily life now, we are all aware of the potential it brings for far higher fines for an organisation which breaches it. So as January comes to an end, this is an excellent time for GP and dental practices to review how they deal with their information.
At Taclus, we recommend that you outsource your secure shredding to us (of course)!
Here are 7 excellent reasons you should consider using us:
- Patient records – There are many sensitive items on a patient’s records. From the history of their treatment to their medication, addresses, phone numbers, and notes about potential future treatment. It is still common for many practices to hold paper records, and if they fall into the wrong hands this could result in a practice getting into serious trouble with the health authorities.
- Appointment cards – This could give identity thieves and burglars information about patients such as their name, address, and when they will be out of their homes for dental appointments.
- Out-of-date advice pamphlets – Medical advice is often updated, and pamphlets become out of date. It’s important that patients get the most current advice, so secure destruction of old pamphlets will ensure they won’t leave with the wrong literature.
- Staff rotas – You need your staff to be secure, and someone unscrupulous getting hold of their shift patterns could cause them problems. Shredding them is the answer.
- Old hard drives – A great deal of data could be left on old hard drives when you upgrade computers and laptops. It’s important this is destroyed correctly. Simply wiping the hard drive can often just mean wiping the sitemap, and the information is still on there in some form. The best way to ensure your security is shredding the hard drive.
- Other media such as phone SIMs, USB sticks, and image cards – It’s amazing how much information we have on our smartphones, USB sticks, and image cards these days. They should be treated in the same way as a computer and they should be shredded securely.
- Saving your staff time – It can take hours to fill a few bags with shredded items if you’re shredding it yourself. It can also be far too much for your office shredder! They often can’t cope with the amount of shredding which needs to be done in a modern dental practice. So, it’s both cost-effective and a good use of your employees’ time if you outsource this to a secure provider with a proven track record.
Why you should choose Taclus Confidential – A South Wales secure shredding company
We offer confidential paper waste and hard drive destruction services at affordable prices.
We are fully accredited for ISO 9001:2015 for quality management and ISO14001:2015 for environmental management..
We have been selected as the confidential waste management partner for Keep Wales Tidy.
We are the friendliest bunch of people in the business! We are also the best value and offer the best service!
If your GP, dental or healthcare practice is looking for an affordable and secure shredding service in South Wales, or if you need advice on dealing with the secure destruction of confidential waste, call our friendly and efficient team on 02920 676 714, or email firstname.lastname@example.org