14 Jun Businesses in South Wales: Are your summer staff up to speed on dealing with confidential waste?
Are your staff up to speed on dealing with confidential waste?
It’s almost high summer and many South Wales businesses will be planning to take on extra seasonal staff.
Over the summer, businesses which take on seasonal or casual workers include:
- Tourist attractions like animal parks, stately homes, vineyards, and amusement parks
- Sport and activity centres such as bowling alleys, go karting sites, or tennis facilities
- Restaurants, bars, and cafes in tourist hot spots
- Hotels and bed and breakfasts
- Outdoor sports companies such as those offering canoeing, rafting, or mountain biking
- Children’s soft play businesses
- Farms and market gardens
- Landscaping and gardening companies
- Construction businesses – making the most of better weather
If you’re taking on extra seasonal workers, are they all aware of how important it is that you deal with confidential waste properly?
Some will be employed for just a few weeks or months. So, will they be committed to ensuring your customer and staff data is kept secure?
Here’s our 3-step guide for South Wales businesses to ensure your seasonal staff keep your data safe:
- Make sure they’re all vetted properly before they start work. That way, you can be confident when you give them information containing confidential data such as customer phone numbers or bank details.
- Make sure everyone is aware of your policies and procedures when it comes to dealing with confidential waste – from day one. Don’t skimp on the induction process because these staff aren’t permanent. If they commit a breach of the Data Protection Act, you will be liable and could face a hefty fine.
- Road test your processes for dealing with confidential waste like documents or flash drives. Are they robust? Are they easy to follow? Do your staff know the potential consequences of data loss – including ID theft or fraud?
- Consider whether you should be outsourcing dealing with confidential waste to a company such as Taclus Confidential – one with a proven track record and stringent procedures. Would your casual staff be better used in delivering your core business for your customers at a busy time of the year?
Why you should choose Taclus Confidential – a South Wales secure shredding company
Taclus Confidential holds the accreditations for ISO 9001:2015 for quality management and ISO14001:2015 for environmental management, and has been certified by independent auditors IQS for both.
We also provide our clients with certificates of collection and destruction.
Are you looking for a secure shredding service in South Wales? If you need advice on dealing with the secure destruction of confidential waste, call our friendly and efficient team on 02920 676 714, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.